Monday, April 30, 2007

By the Numbers

231.

What is the answer to the ultimate question, Alex? Ummm. No. That is 42. 231 is my cholesterol level. Yes. This is not a typo. 231. On the bright side (I guess), it has been holding at approximately 230 since I was 20. No matter how much oatmeal I eat, no matter how much smart balence butter, no matter when I was a vegetarian, no matter that now I scarf down red meat at least once a week and other types of meat almost daily.

150/80.

Times my head has exploded over days? No. MY BLOOD PRESSURE at my doctor visit last week. Now granted, no one likes the gyno, and no one likes spending a week thinking that they may have to put their cat down, but this is NOT NORMAL. Normal for me is 110/70ish. Need to find me one of those testy goobers at a pharmacy and take another reading this week or next to see if that was a fluke, because it was NOT COOL.

68.

How many roads must a man walk down? Nah. This one is my RHR at the doctor last week. I was actually pleased with this one, because since I've been all serious about the exercise, it has seemed to be in the 70's when I try taking it myself. I'm of the opinion that vitals should get better with exercise, so I'm shooting for 60's and below. I'd prefer it to be in the lower 60's, but I had just walked into the room, so I'm taking this one.

28.

What are minutes I ran yesterday? Yes. You are the winner of pride. I was trying to do my run a little fartleky, hoping that I'd get a bit more distance in the same time, but no go. I actually think I ran a couple hundred feet less in the same time, so whatever. At least I did it, 'cause I sure didn't want to!

35.

Minutes it took me to kick tae bo ass this morning. Going to hit it hard this week because:

300.

Are the minutes I exercised last week. I was supposed to be resting. Ironically, a 300 minute week did actually feel restful.

400.

Are the minimum minutes I'm aiming for this week.

Happy Monday.

No comments: