My other option is coming on in and going to the gym at 6 and coming over to work at 7. I experimented with that last week and the beginning of this week, but that isn't perfect either.
Pros for Gym first:
- Get to sleep 40 minutes later.
- Get to run on dirt or bike on track or swim in morning = WAY NICER.
Cons for Gym first:
- I seem to have a harder time cooling down and end up at work massively hot, and when I finally cool down I end up shivering.
- I don't have a locker yet at the gym so there is a lot of schlepping. On Wednesday I forgot to bring PANTS. Which led to an hour drive home for pants, followed by an hour drive back, followed by a ruining of my entire day because how can you overcome that? PANTS, y'all.
- The pool is way more crowded in the morning. I know I could swim on Wednesday, but the other days are iffy.
- Weather. Pretty much everything I do is outside. Bad weather, which has been a lot lately, is an issue.
- If I don't get off til 3:30 at the earliest, traffic on the way home has already reached the sucky point.
- Can't carpool.
Pros for Work first:
- Get to use my own fabulous shower.
- Get off at 2:30 when traffic is good.
- Get to carpool more, saving money.
- There is always P90X for rainy mornings.
Cons for Work first:
- Running on concrete, biking on trainer or around neighborhood.
- Harder to get out of bed.
- Struggling to figure out carpool/afternoon swim balance.
- I HATE not knowing exactly when I'm getting into the building. HATE IT.
This is actually really fascinating because this really makes it look like I should do work first. I didn't expect that, and still honestly feel conflicted about it. I am going to see how it goes for the next few weeks because I have some stuff coming up, then will go from there.
Either way if I can't get a locker I suppose I need to plant a full set of clothing both in my car and in my desk for the just-in-case. Sigh.