Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Cat Lady


Whenever I get bored at work and want desperately to go home, I think of my loving kitties. That's what I'm doing right now, so have a look-see. This is Callimachus (black) and Grimalkin (tabby). They'll also respond to Grimmy and Cal, Poofer, Cally-poof, Poofity, Poofy, and Poof. That first nickname if for Grimalkin, the rest are all for Callimachus. Cal is the largest at about 15 pounds, and with all of the beautiful long fluffy hair you can see where the nicknames come from. These two are both male, and littermates. The funniest part is that he actually comes to all of those variations!

Hrm... not sure if that picture upload worked, if not, will try again in a seperate post. I have two more cats, Sugar and Pyrrha (pronounced Peer-uh) but unfortunately don't have any digital pics available on this computer. They are my two females. Sugar is almost 18 years old, a siamese mix, and the cat that once saved my life. She is a bit of an "Old Biddy", but I'll always love her. Pyrrha is our newest addition, a de-clawed stray that showed up in the backyard a few months ago. She is very sweet, but from her mannerisms, I think she may have been abused. She has had a lot of trouble integrating with the other cats, and spends a lot of time hiding.

Anyways, my funny story is about Cal. Every morning when I'm exercising he lays on the bed and watches (if I'm indoors). As soon as I'm to the cool-down, he jumps off the bed and starts meowing up a storm! He knows the part where I'm available for petting. He also knows that very soon I will make my breakfast which includes milk, of which he'll get a little but poured out for him to lap up. He is quite pushy, but in a really sweet kind of way.

Better get back to it, here's to hoping the picture posts!!

Oh, and that achilles thing isn't bothering me at all today, even when I walk now... not sure what was up with all of that, but thank goodness it stopped!


No comments: