Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My Astros are trying to kill me

As are my Rangers. Back up. Let me begin by saying how incredibly excited I am to have baseball back!!! I love baseball. I grew up watching the Texas Rangers with my family, and they will always be my team. Lately I've amended that to my American League team. My National League team, since I began dating a Houstonian in 2002, has been the Houston Astros. I love the Astros. I miss watching the Rangers, but keep up with them via their website (they are almost always blacked-out in H-town). I would also like to mention that I am NOT a bandwagon fan. I hate those guys. When Lidge got booed in his own ballpark on Opening Day, I wanted to go beat up all those ungrateful bandwagon fans. Booing him is not going to make him better. If it was me, I'm pretty sure it'd make me worse. DON'T BOO YOUR OWN GUYS!! It is bad form. Anyways, I love the Astros when they suck as much as I loved them when they didn't. I love the Rangers despite the fact that they are the longest running team in history to NOT EVEN GO TO A WORLD SERIES. They have had some good years and some bad ones, and I always love them. So why are they trying to kill me??? Both my teams this year are starting the year off by not winning. The Astros are killing me worse because they keep holding the lead and then the bullpen keeps blowing it. It's killing me!! All they need to do is hold the lead!! Anyways, I just wanted to share. I still love my guys. I'd just feel better if I could have just one win, and soon!

I have been having this little tweak in my Achilles this week. No biggie. Not when I'm working out, ironically, but when I'm just walking. I was worried that I wouldn't get my run in this morning, but I popped some Advil last night and this morning it felt great, so I did C25KW4D3. Days 1 and 2 were really tough, so I really wanted this one to go well. It did, but I'm still considering doing one more day of Week 4 before I move on, just to make sure I'm on it. We'll see.

Oh, and we are going to buy mom's SUV, which we have dubbed The Red Menace. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain - but I doubt the Astros will go 0-162... at leas the Cardinals are also 0-3! About the Rangers - I really want them to do well, but we'll see if their pitching can get it done.

Amber said...

Of course we're not looking at 0-162, but durned if it wasn't feeling that way until Saturday! Both the Astros and Rangers have good lineups this year, if only we could combine their pitching staffs, I think we could eke out a rotation... Totally agree on the Cards!