Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Scale

The scene this morning:
I stumble out of bed and over to the scale, as I do every morning.
I step on. I feel heavy. I just know that the scale is going to read higher than the past few days (137.2).
135.8.
Blink. Rub eyes. Look back down.
135.8.
"Preston!! I think I'm really dehydrated!!"
"Why?"
"Because the scale says 135.8."
"Told you it was a piece."

24 oz. of water later: 137.0.

I was dehydrated because I ran last night. Man, this time it was really a slogfest. I was all pissed and festering about my gyno appointment right before, and it was hot and humid as hell. But I coerced myself into continuing by promising myself I'd quit halfway through until I was halfway through, then telling myself how stupid it would be to quit when I was more than halfway through. Whatever works.

Then I easy biked for 30 minutes. Also a slogfest because the lightening yesterday apparently blew out our very expensive amp, and partially pissed off the DVR so I could ONLY watch recorded stuff, not currently-on stuff. So I was watching a recorded thing that I had already seen with no sound. Yay.

This morning I tae bo-ed.

More on the suckiness of the gyno later.

No comments: