Wednesday, April 11, 2007

C25KW5D3 Done!!

This morning was the dreaded scary running of the C25KW5D3, aka. my first 20 min. run with no walk breaks. You know what? I did it!! And I feel great about it. I was a little slower than my last run and than I'd like to be, but since I had to get to work I couldn't risk running too far afield. Approx. 11 min. miles. But still! And now that I've done it I know that I could do it faster. This morning I was just trying to take it easy and put in my time without blowing out, and I did! Also, I'm proud of myself because it was my first morning run where I ventured away from my house. I live in a very safe neighborhood and all, but I was always a little creeped out about running around at 5 am in the dark. Luckily the route I ran took me through a nearby subdivision that actually has streetlights, unlike mine, so it wasn't as dark as my early-morning jaunts up and down my street had led me to expect. I'd still prefer to be running in full light, but it is all good. Oh, and the mist!! I returned almost sopping wet from the mist this morning. But at least it was cool. I had a bit of a headwind for part of the run. I have love-hate relationships with headwinds in my area. On the one hand, it is like running into a full-blast air conditioning unit (at least until it gets 100 out), but I feel slower when I am doing it. Ah well. Happy mornings!

2 comments:

Junie B said...

nice to see i am getting some hits from your blog!! i have to now catch up on your blog!!

thanks!

Amber said...

Thanks!

It was only after reading yours and several running/tri blogs that I decided to venture into blogging myself, though I'm still trying to find my way.

I noticed in your blog that you are signed up for the Astros Race for the Pennant. I had been planning on using that as my first 5k after I finish C25K (because I ran the 2nd annual before I stopped running), but I haven't seen the announcement posted on astros.com or any of the local race calendars either. Would you mind telling me where you found the sign-up link?