Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Foooooood!

Well, I told you how I was bad this weekend. I ended up counting the 3 full food off days. And my weight showed it this morning: up a pound. I weigh every day. I know that many people prefer not to do this, but I record my weight in my Exercise Log, and it is good because I can see the bigger picture and daily trends. As long as my weight is trending down, I don't get all bent out of shape the way I would if I weighed only once a week and one week I was up. There are lots of daily factors that can cause your weight to go up one day.

With that said, I feel bad about this morning's weight because I was bad this weekend, and so I suspect that it is a real gain, not one of those factors. The weekend is gone, and I enjoyed it, but this week I need to be good. Very good. And work out hard. I was good yesterday: 1550 cal. and 1 hr. 20 min. of exercise (I speed-walked on a break at work and biked when I got home). Now I need to be good for today.

Here is the typical food on a work day (M-Th):
7-8am: Instant Breakfast - 300 cal, fish oil 10 cal, green tea for day 10 cal
8-9am: Dannon Light n Fit Smoothie - 60 cal
11am: Pringles pack - 100 cal
1pm: Amy's cheese burrito - 300 cal, banana - 100 cal, calcium supplement - 20 cal
4pm: Carrots - 30 cal
6pm: Dinner - 300-500 cal
Dessert: 100-200 cal

Total: 1330-1630 cal

And no, I will not give up me dessert lest I lose my will to live.

I started the diet trying to hit 1200 cal/day, and did for about a month, then I upped it to 1200-1500 range so that I could eat more, and continued to lose weight. I recently upped in again to 1300-1600 (although you can see that sometimes I hit 1630), and am hoping to remain in this range for awhile. First goal weight is 135. I'm 3-5 pounds up, depending on what you think of this morning's weight. Ultimate goal is 125-130 range.

Ah, and just a quick mention: I felt tweaking in my left shin yesterday and this morning. I'm afraid the shin splints might be back... took Advil this morning and may scratch tomorrow morning's run if I don't feel improvement today.

No comments: