Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Amber's Exercise Blarg??

Last night I had a crappy swim. I can't really explain it, I just felt like my form was sucking and I couldn't seem to figure out why or what I needed to do differently. And kids kept swimming through my lane and leaving their noodles in my way. Once I asked Preston to move them ahead of me. He said no, so I just swam over them -- interesting experience. Then he moved them for me. I told him afterwards that I had thought about swimming to the noodles, standing up and throwing them as far across the pool as I could. But then I would have looked like a bitch. Later in the swim I almost ran down a kid in my lane. I didn't see him til I had almost hit him, because I was concentrating on keeping my head down. I pop up to the surface all confused and he says "My bad". I just swam away, 'cause I wanted to kill him. But then I would have looked like a bitch. The lifeguards were totally useless last night in keeping the lane clear. I wanted to say something, but then I would have looked like a bitch. *sigh*

This morning I had a crappy run. I put on my ipod and *yet again* it has magically switched to shuffle and my podcast is nowhere near the front. Someone insists that he didn't touch it, but how the hell else was it not on the song I left it on? And how else did it get on shuffle?? Well, someone is getting his own ipod this weekend. For the health of our marriage, I'll shell out the damn $70, even while we're in a spending moriatorium. Anyways, I was yelling at someone about not leaving the ipod the way he found it (I don't mind sharing, just either tell me so I can get it back to where it needs to be instead of wasting running time, or put it back yourself when you're done, that's all!) Then I felt all angsty because we were fighting (note to someone: arguing about whether or not it is your fault doesn't fix it). I finally get outside and damn if it doesn't feel about 80 degrees with like 90% humidity. Then I shortened the warm-up because I was running behind. Then the running itself sucked. I kept telling myself that it would get better like it usually does after 1.5-2 miles, but it never did. All in all, 33 minutes for 3 miles this morning.

And I'm still tired.

No comments: