Monday, August 27, 2007

Short Run

I forgot to mention that on Saturday I was pleasantly surprised by the heat/humidity in that it was less hot/humid than it had been being lately. By less I mean that it was probably in the lower 70's and maybe only 60 or 70 percent humidity. Felt like friggin' fall weather to me. I almost got a goosebump on my arm before I started running! This morning was the same. Go weather!!!

I got all excited on Sunday, my off day (and omg was I ever exhausted - residual from the long run, maybe??), when I looked at my OHR schedule and discovered that if I stick to it, not only will my 5K on Monday fit in perfectly as the "30 minute" run for that week, I will also be *done* with the program next Friday (or Saturday). Wow.

So like a good girl I got out and did my 30 minutes this morning, and it was great! Just under 3 miles in 30 minutes.

Last week I had the goal of 7 hours exercise. I missed it by 30 minutes. I have really mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, holy crud, that is a lot of exercise! On the other, I seem to have a mental cap around 6ish hours and to exercise beyond that in a week takes Herculean effort. Ideally someday I'd like to get it to where 6ish hours is an easy cut-back week. Until then, nothing I can do other than just keep plugging away...

No comments: