Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Más on Me

How many teeth do you have?
26 total. 1 is still a baby tooth. Of course, originally I had 32, but then had 4 wisdom teeth plus one molar removed when I was 22(?) -- it is a long nasty story involving lack of continuity of dentistry care leading to no one realizing that my wisdom teeth were coming in impacted, my lower left wisdom tooth literally *impacting* the tooth in front of it and breaking the thing off during the night one night, me having really really bad dreams about a toothache and waking up to look in the mirror and find half of one of my teeth gone, the oral surgeon being unable to save that tooth, so 5 came out... oh yeah, and then there were the dry sockets (no, I'm not a smoker, nor did I use a straw!!). The other tooth is my upper left molar, which got a really nasty cavity on the back side (only cavity I've ever had, I swear!!). My dentist tried to fill it 3 different times, but my mouth is so small that it was really difficult for him to work back there, so we just pulled it. Nice.

Have you ever had braces?
Noper. My top teeth are perfectly straight. Bottom ones are a bit crooked, but you can't see them, so I never had them fixed. My two front teeth were rather rabbit-esque, so I have had them filed down.

Name and tell us a bit about a pet you had as a child.
My first pet was Wilbur, the guinea pig. I got him when I was 7. He was named after the pig in Charlotte's Web, because that made sense to me when I was 7.


Where were you born?
Dallas, TX

How many siblings do you have?
1 half-brother and 1 half-sister.

What was your high school's mascot?
Wildcat.

What was your favorite Halloween costume (either childhood or adulthood)?
I've got this set of black angel type wings that I love to wear with my favorite pleather pants, and a black top and some crazy black-and-white make-up. Am I a fallen angel or some type or crow? Who cares!! I've done this one twice, once in Austin, and once since in Houston.

What's your favorite smell?
I don't know exactly what it is... it happens in the summertime when it is sunny and warm. I am sure it is caused by some kind of plant... it takes me back to summer and summer camp when I was a kid.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
This is actually a strange question for me... I've done things that people expect me to be proud of: getting my BA with high honors and 3 majors, getting my master's degree with a 4.0 GPA, publishing my first article. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of those accomplishments, but for me, they were relatively easy. To me, something to really be proud of would be something that I really worked hard at - something that I couldn't just do. So my answer is that there is no one thing that I am incredibly proud of, but I'm trying to live my life each day in a way that makes me proud, and I'm trying to set goals to accomplish things within that life that I can point to with pride. First among these has been the two 5Ks I've run this year and my marriage to Preston.

Do you put the TP on the roll so that it feeds from the bottom or the top?
I usually put it on the sink or back of the toilet. When Preston puts it on the holder, I'm so thrilled that my bathroom feels like a hotel that I don't care what direction it goes (but I think he normally goes over the top).

Have you ever broken anything?
My arm. My heart. Probably some dishes...

If you could travel anywhere, and the budget was not a factor, where would you go?
Around the freaking world. I'd whip out my copy of 1000 Places to see before you die and I'd see them. All of them.

What is your dream job?
Archaeologist. In the realm of more attainable goals, any job where I could work for myself - doing anything.

What is your most embarrassing moment?
I have either blocked all of these out or none of them were so embarassing that I remember them. I'm sure that I've farted inappropriately or peed my pants when I was a kid, but nothing comes to mind.

What is your worst fear?
I'm claustrophobic. My worst fear is that I'm trapped, literally trapped in a tight little space.

What year did you graduate high school?
1999

What was one of your new year's resolutions for 2007?
Run a 5K. And get married. Both are done.

I lifted this survey from Twenty-One Day Habit - Thanks!

No comments: