Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Spirit of Amber - Double Duty Run

OHR called for a 36 minute run this morning. I started off on the wrong foot almost immediately, twisting my right ankle on the *only* part of my loop that is even remotely uneven. Great. But I powered through, daydreaming about getting new running shoes. I think I need new shoes, because my left shin has gotten a little tweaky again, and I think I've got almost 200 miles on these. 200 miles!! Who *ever* thought I'd say that I've run 200 miles!!??!!

It was a rather nice first loop, though, and when I looked down at my watch at the end it was 12 minutes - not too shabby in spite of the right ankle and tweaky left shin. On a whim, I decided that I'd run another large loop (normally I run 3 progressively smaller loops) before shifting to the shorter. When I looked at my watch at the end of loop 2? 23:30. I freaking negative-split that bitch. And don't you know that that was a challenge to me to run my third round on the large loop to see if I couldn't get back in the 36 minutes? Well, it was. I had a few issues on the last loop: breathing got a little out of control, a little rumbly in my stummy, etc, but wouldn't you know that I pulled a third negative split? 34:45 at the end of loop 3. Tacked on 1:15 of running to round out the 36 minutes, then a little bit more to get to the end of the street so I could get a good gmaps reading out of it.

The result? 3.45 miles in 36:22. Freaking 10:30 miles. *With* negative splits.

Oh, yes, and while I was doing all of that I was also making a spiritual appearence in Preston's dream to wake him up, since he hadn't set his alarm.

I. Rock.

No comments: