Monday, August 6, 2007

Bawluh

Ok, I was going to save this post for later, but the song is so in my head that I'm going to post now and I'll go back and edit in the picture I have in mind for this later.

Preston often answers his phone, "Baller" for his friends. It is kind of a thing. It has been a thing since I met him, 5 long years ago.

Somehow or another, this is related to the song by Lil' Troy from Houston. I don't know if they got it from the song, or if the song was just a concurrent representation of a fad, or what, but there it is.

The "chorus" of the "song" is this:

Wanna be a baller, shot caller
Twenty inch blades on the Impala
Caller gettin laid tonight
Swisher rolled tight, gotta spray my ice
I hit the hiiiighway, making money the flyyy way,
But there's got to be a better way, better way, better way!

Anyways, as we were driving through Palestine, Texas this past weekend, we stopped at Wally World for me to pee. I run into the store by myself while Preston eats his Wendy's in the Menace (classy, I know), and when I'm coming out I hear this song blasting from the rolled down windows of a black Dodge 4x4 jacked-up pick-up truck. With white boys inside.

Now picture me. Little ginger girl. Well, mostly ginger. Pale skin and freckles and reddish (strawberry blonde) hair. And like 8th generation Texan (important because of the accent).

I get back in the Menace and give Preston my version:

Wanna be a bawluh, shawt cawluh
Twenty inch blaaaze on the Impawluh
Cawluh gettin laid tuh-nah-t
Swisher rolled tah-t, gotta spray muh ahce
I hit the hiiiiigh-whey, makin money the flyyy whey,
But there's gotta be a bedduh whey, bedduh whey, bedduh whey!!

Then I started freestylin'. I won't go there, but it involved words like water, dollar, and diamond rottweiler (inspired by the song, of course).

No comments: