Monday, August 13, 2007

4 Freaking Miles!

This morning I completed my first 4 mile run. On accident, sort of.

Like the true bum that I am, I didn't run while in Galveston this weekend. I wanted to. I really did. An early morning jaunt down the seawall with the birds and waves and cars to distract me - I really wanted that. But it seems that I wanted sleep more. Or rather, 2 days I wanted sleep more. 1 day my stomach wanted sleep more.

Sooo... I was back in the getting-all-too-familiar position of needing to do a long run this morning. 45 minutes on schedule for Week 7, Day 3 of One Hour Runner. Only 3 weeks to go!!??!! Wow.

Part of this run rocked, part was a slogfest, but what do you expect for a "long" run? I distracted myself by watching for meteorites, getting all into my Podrunner music, and trying to do the math of the run. I'm getting a lot better at disengaging my mind from my running, which is great! When I got back this morning I did the route on gmaps and to my surprise, I went 4 miles! I mean, it makes sense, since it took 45 minutes, that I would go that far, but I hadn't yet connected the dots in my brain to realize that today would be my first 4 mile run. Go me!!

Now to get up to 60 minutes. Then to work on going faster for longer. Yes. Faster.

No comments: