Thursday, August 23, 2007

19 Pounds Down

I thought 20 pounds would be my big day. Then after that, 25 pounds down, which is my ultimate goal.

But for some reason, today, 19 pounds feels big. This is the last milestone before 13x (which used to be 14x and even 15x) turns to 12x, and boy, I think that day'll feel big. But today, 19 pounds down feels big. I looked back at this year, at where I was when I started. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked inside myself at my energy, my attitude. And let me tell you something, 19 pounds is big today.

19 pounds is the difference between 10s and 6s. Between sad and confident. Between lassitude and energy. Between frumpy feeling and tight feeling. Between despair and hope. Between wheezing up a flight of stairs and running 4 miles.

6 pounds to go before December 31. But make no mistake, 19 pounds is huge. And I'm freakin' thrilled with it.

No comments: