Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Update

Friday: got up and hung out with the Z.  At some point, decided that I wanted to work on raking the yard.  Put her in the moby, layed down a thick comforter in the grass and put her on it, surrounded by toys.  Raked.  It was actually kind of cool: I was raking all the leaves into the empty spa-hole, both to fill it so we don't have to buy so much dirt and so I didn't have to bag all those leaves.  Honestly, it is so much more fun to rake without having to bag!!  After P got home I told him I wanted Jax, so we went for a burger.  And that was pretty much it for Friday.  Z went to sleep and I fell asleep on P's belly while he watched TV.  He had to browbeat me to wake up and pump when it was time to move to the bed.

Saturday we woke up early with Z.  I went for a nice run along the bayou.  I'll spare you the off-leash dog rant, but suffice to say I have reason to rant!  It was a beautiful morning for a run, though!  After I got back, I told P we should go ahead and head to the grocery store early, and that way it shouldn't be so insanely crowded.  I planned out 2 work weeks' menus (Sunday-Wednesday, Thursday is always eating-out because P has school) as such:
Week 1: Lemon Fishy, Mozzarella-stuffed sausage meatballs, Slow-cooker chicken and mushrooms, Wraps  Side dishes: Garlicky cream corn and spinach, sauteed mushrooms, mashed potatoes, carrots
Week 2: Maple Salmon, Meatloaf, Chicken Ceasar salad, Wraps
Side dishes: Broccoli and carrots in garlic butter, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes
I'm holding ham, roast, stew, concoction, and mulligitawny in reserve to rotate in during the Fall/Winter, perhaps instead of wraps.  And, honestly, I'd like to put the meatballs and meatloaf on a less-often rotation.  Actually, if I had enough recipes that we really liked, I'd like to go to a 3 or even 4 week rotation so we don't get sick of anything.
Anyways, the store was excellently empty at 9am on a Saturday - we need to do that more often!!  Unfortunately, that was about the last useful thing we did on Saturday!  We went to Las Cascadas for lunch, so two days of bad eating for me, and then we walked over to Once Read Twice Sold where we bought 5 board books for Zoë and 1 for Mommy.  By the way, Z's current favorite book is The Mixed-Up Chameleon by Eric Carle.  She loves all the colors and the tabs make it easy for her to turn the pages.  She starts cooing the second we bust it out.  (Too bad it is a library book - might have to buy a copy of this one.)  Fell asleep on Preston for the second night in a row.

Sunday we worked around the house.  More work in the back yard, this time we brought out the big swing for the Zig to hang out in.  Laundry.  Just trying to get things done.

This week I want to try something different.  When I was preggo and all stressed about getting stuff done before the baby, we used to work for an hour after work on things around the house.  This was easy because we both knew we had a defined finish point, so we just worked as hard as we could for an hour.  I'm in the mood to try that again.  We'll see how it goes!

Net gain of 1 lb this weekend: 140.8  Bad eating = bad girl.

No comments: