Thursday, February 24, 2011

P90X: Day Something-Or-Other

Those first 2 weeks of P90X, I got through a few days (the work days), and let the rest slide.  So I'm obviously not doing 90 days straight of P90X like I wish I was, but at least I'm doing something!

This week, Preston started doing it with me.  So even though I didn't work Monday, I got up with him and got in Chest & Back and also Ab Ripper before he went to work.  I was really excited about my performance on Monday: I was pushing an extra 5 push-ups!  And after only 2 weeks!  Very cool.  Then Plyometrics on Tuesday and Arms & Shoulders on Wednesday.  Plyo continues to be a legs/ass kicker, and I really like the workout.  Arms & Shoulders is my favorite, though.  I'm not sure why... it just makes me feel good.  Perhaps it is because my arms were so weak before so I feel like I can actually *feel* the strength gains.  It feels so good to work them out.  Thursday calls for Yoga in the classic plan, but I want to try some of the other videos and based on the past 2 weeks, it is a safe bet that Thursday will be the last day this week that we do any P90X.  Therefore we skipped ahead to Legs & Back this morning.  I'm not sure about this one yet.  I'll have to try it a few more times... it was definitely really hard on the legs.  Like tapping-out-early hard.  But I think it may also be a little hard on my knee, so this one might not make it into the weekly repertoire. 

Speaking of the knee, I haven't really had any trouble with it since I've returned to running/working out post-partum.  I feel it twinge occasionally, especially near the beginning of a run or in jumping sections of P90X, and I felt it a little on some of the lunges this morning (especially when I wasn't focusing on form, bad Amber!), but it always goes away and hasn't been a problem.  But it lets me know that it's there enough for me to continue to baby it a bit.

I also think I'd like both Chest & Back and Legs & Back better if I had the pull-up bar installed (PRESTON!).

Doin' my best and forgettin' the rest. :-)  Onward!

No comments: