Wednesday, March 2, 2011

P90X and Teething

This morning was Arms & Shoulders, my favorite!  Yesterday during Plyo I pushed myself, and as a result this morning my legs felt totally dead.  Glad I wasn't planning a ride or run, although I'm really tempted to sneak in a run this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon.

I think Zoë may be teething.  Her sleeping pattern is a little wacky.  I used to be about to count on her to be awake for 2 hours, then short nap, rinse, repeat.  But lately her awake periods are varying wildly from 1-4 hours, and her nap lengths are also varying wildly from 20 minutes to 2.5 hours!  Her eating yesterday was also a little off: she only took about 22 oz while I was at work (normal is 26ish) and then she fell asleep hard after only 7 minutes on the breast.  We woke her up after about an hour so that we could try to get her back down at a reasonable time, and when the time rolled around for the next nursing session she made it a 30 minute both-boob marathon, then didn't want to go to sleep.  I put her in her crib, and she soothed herself to sleep without crying (good baby!), and then slept hard all night long.  Also, she is gumming anything that gets anywhere near her mouth.  She'll even bend over when she is in the saucer and start gumming the part that she sits in.  We've started keeping a bowl of teething toys in the fridge, and are trying to rotate them throughout the day.  She also likes a cold washcloth to "chew" on.  There is no sign of teeth when I look at and feel her gums, but I just can't conceive of any other explanation for her change in behavior.

Gramma and Zoë in one of her Astros outfits.

The 1 hour of work-after-work went well on Monday.  Gramma and I worked in the back yard and Preston worked on the loft.  We skipped yesterday, mostly because I was tired and because dinner was a little more hands-on, but I've already informed P that we'll get back to it today.  I figure we'll skip it on Thursday since that is Preston's school night (so that's when I'm hoping for a run), and then on Friday I'm hoping to use that time to start on our taxes.  I hate doing taxes, but I sure love the refund, so I need to pull the trigger and just get it over with.

No comments: