Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No Internet

3:30am, pumping. Why isn't the Internet working? Don't the Internet gods know that the wee hours are prime "feeding" times?

Fine, I'll draft my weekend update and post later. I'll even rotate my iPhone and type with two thumbs, the way P says you're supposed to.

Friday was a bad day. It is hard to explain, and it sounds evil, but I just wasn't into being a mom that day. I was letting Z's saucer do some babysitting for me while I ate lunch and watched tv. At some point she got really quiet. I figured she was bored and so got her out to hang out on my lap (where my grand plan was to dangle toys in front of her for her to grab and drop), and when I picked her up, there was poop everywhere. Everywhere. I felt like such an asshole. I wanted to give her a bath, but I had never done it alone and I was scared. After beating myself up over what kind of crappy mom can't even give her kid a bath, I did it. I just held her while the water was running and I ran around collecting the necessities. Then I sat on the side of the tub and bounced her on my knee while I drew the water. Once she was in, the only major change was always keeping a hand on her, and skipping her back... Then I sacrificed a towel to total wetness so I could use it as a grip for picking her back up. It worked, and I was so glad, because that had been the part I was really scared of.  I still wasn't feeling it for the rest of the day.  Even after the poo-tastrophe, I still wasn't as "involved" with Z as I normally strive to be.  And it didn't help that she was hardly napping.  By the time P got home, I was all, "here, take the baby".  Ugh.  And trying to fit in the thrush meds was difficult and frustrating.  And I breastfed her twice, but it was hurting, so I wanted to pump, but I never can figure out what to do with her while I pump.  So I waited til she napped.  And lo and behold, she literally napped just long enough for me to pump.  And therefore I had no break from mommy stuff.  It was lame.  The whole day was just lame.

So Saturday I told P that maybe it'd help me if we got out a bit.  He tried to take Z as much as possible, and we headed to Red Lobster and then BRU.  I knew what I needed/wanted at BRU: some pumping stuff, breast pads (disposable, so as not to encourage the hanging around of thrush), and baby bows and shoes.  We still dropped $100 there, though!  I don't know how it happens, but I need to stay away from that place: I can't get out of there cheaply.  Ever!  Then that afternoon P needed to nap because he was going into work at 9pm for a shutdown.  I did well, Z and I went to Target and played around.  Then he was back with me to get her down for bed before he went to work.  I think it was the first time I had been "alone" in the house since the Zig was born, and by "alone" I mean that I could reasonably expect that she wouldn't wake up.  What did I do?  Pumped and watched tv for 45 minutes, then crashed at 9.  Sad, really.

Sunday morning, I got up with ZoĆ« and went into the livingroom as soon as she woke so P could sleep.  She didn't want to go back down, and she didn't want to lay on me, so finally she went into her floor gym where she zonked.  I removed the toys and just left her there and I napped on the couch.  I managed to stretch her til 10:20 when we finally woke P up for pancakes.  Then we decided to have a picnic because it was such a beautiful day.




Getting out of the house into some sunlight was perfect for me.  Of course, after getting these precious pics in that precious outfit, she promptly shat all over it!

Monday P decided to call in, and I had already decided to take a holiday, so we were all home again.  We lazed around, cleaned some, and generally tried to have a good time.  We also did P90X that morning, and surprise, I can do more push-ups than I could a week ago!  P90X works!

Current weight: 139.8 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thrush situation: Z has still not shown any signs, but we're still treating her.  I improved for a few days, but seem to have stalled.  I'm not in terrible pain, but I'm not back to normal either.  I'm thinking about calling the doctor to see if I need to change anything.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: