Monday, December 3, 2007

Two Runs and some Food Stuff

Ran this morning 3 miles in 30ish minutes. I say "ish" because my well-loved G-Shock went the way of the ghost this weekend. So instead of a lovely stopwatch, I ran with my teeny analog non-lighting-up watch. So I basically ran for distance with no real clock, but that run usually takes me 30ish minutes, give or take (probably more usually give), so 30 minutes is what we'll call it. Hopefully will get a new watch tomorrow (for Preston's birthday).

Friday I ran with Billy down at AP. I don't know why I suck so hard every time I try to run with him. In this case, I'm pretty sure it had to do with the new upright stationary bike experiment I'm doing at the gym and the resulting dead quads, but still!!! Anyways, we ran about 30 minutes with hills and about 3 walk breaks.

I was telling him about the diet I put Preston on, and he was asking me about the foods, so I thought I'd give a handy little reference here of my favorite diet foods. The goal of my diet was to reduce calories while increasing protein and fiber intake. It worked for me. It is working for Preston. It is good stuff. So, on to our favorite foods!

Snickers Marathon Nutrition Bars: 150 cal, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Amy's Burritos (the cheese ones are my favorite): 300 cal, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Anything Kashi. I've tried the Go Lean oatmeal, the Go Lean cereal, the waffles, and every single one of their frozen dinners, and I like ALL OF THEM. Seriously. Give them a try.
Oven Poppers also make a really cool product. My favorite is the crab stuffed flounder. They come pre-packaged 2 per box, so a serving is all measured out for you to prevent overeating.

So, an eating day in my life goes like this:
7am: Snickers Marathon Nutrition Bar (dark chocolate is my fav)
8am: Dannon Light n' Fit Yogart Smoothie
9am: Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuchino
11am: Pringles 100 calorie Pack (craving salt around this time every day for some reason)
1pm: Amy's Burrito + banana
6pm: something reasonable (e.g. Kashi or oven popper and veggies) (500ish calories) + something chocolate (100-200 calories)

I also make every effort to drink *at least* 64 oz. of water per day.

Preston is taking this basic outline and adding in a Toaster Scramble for breakfast, an additional granola bar for snack along with an apple, a 3pm snack of string cheese and either carrots or raisens, and a slightly larger dinner. Oh, and at least one soda per day. He also subtracts the yogart, cappuchino, and banana.

No comments: