Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Year on Out Plans

My plan for some time has been to fun the Jingle Bell 5 miler on the 9th. However, it is looking like that is in jeopardy. I still very much want to run it, but JaMIL is unfortunately invading on Saturday and I don't know when she'll leave on Sunday. I was thinking about lying and saying I have to go run it because I was already registered for it before I knew she was coming... but that would require me at least registering before she comes. Online registration is closed, and I'm scheduled for a cardiac stress test on Friday... I think if the stress test goes well and everything is ok afterwards, then I'll register in person on Friday before she arrives. But with all these variables, you can see why I'm not totally sure I'll make it. Oh, and the forecast says it's supposed to be in the 80's on Sunday afternoon when the race will be run. You know, 40 degrees warmer than it was when I ran this morning. The joys of Texas.

If I do run this weekend, it'll probably be my last race in 2007. If I don't... well, I rather want to run a race this December, so I'll be looking around. Perhaps the Resolution Run 4K?

Ran 4 miles this morning in 40:40 (Got a new battery in my Baby-G - supposedly this kills the waterproofing, so will look for a new watch when summer rolls around). Hopefully will bike/lift this evening.

No comments: