Monday, December 17, 2007

On Texas Weather. Again.

Oh my gawd is it ever cold outside.

I knew last night when it was 42 when I went to bed that I was in for a cold morning. When I woke up the thermometer read 36, but it is mounted right up against the house, so less than 32 is a reasonable guesstimate. I quickly donned my under armour compression top, nike slouch jacket, nike capri running pants, a stocking cap, and some gloves. Then I went out into the bedroom to sip some water and kiss my husband goodbye. The water still had ice in it. In Texas. 8 hours after making the water, there were still ice cubes in it.

I put on an additional shirt and decided to mount my watch on the outside of my shirts so that no skin got inadvertently exposed to the cold when starting/stopping/glancing at the watch.

Good thing I did. The outer-mounted watch was a good set-up that I'll use again. I never took off any of the layers I had on, even when I was warmed up. That's how cold it was this morning. Ran 4.75 miles in 50 minutes. Coldly.

No comments: