Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Birthday, Preston!

This is the one day of the year that I have to suspend my dislike of JaMIL and be thankful to her for Preston.

And so he burrowed back under the covers as a birthday present to himself when I slipped out into the cold cold morning air for my workout. Hopefully he is still asleep.

And I will take off work 3 hours early and take him to the restaurant of his choice (which if it hasn't changed from yesterday is Red Robin) and give him his presents and try to make it a happy relaxing day for him.

Because sometimes as we get older we need an excuse to treat ourselves. And sometimes we need an excuse to reflect, and though the holiday season is littered with such times, for me, Preston's birthday is just one more reason to be thankful for my love.

Even if he is *almost* 30 now. ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you cakes!!!
I love you and am deeply sorry about making the afternoon un-perfect. My birthday was still wonderful having you there.