Monday, December 17, 2007

Holiday Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Wrapping paper. I feel like it just looks better - makes it look like I really care. Oh, and I love to open wrapped gifts better, too. There's something about really tearing into something when you don't know what it is...

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. One time expense, less mess, longer life.

3. When do you put up your tree? Thanksgiving weekend.

4. When do you take down your tree? New Year's weekend.

5. Do you like eggnog? I don't dislike it, but I think it is a pretty serious diet no-no.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Sugar the cat. Best Christmas present ever.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No. My mom does, though. It is an Avon one. My granny was an Avon lady and she gave mom a new piece of it every year. She always let me help pick it out. Mom's actually stays up on a side table year-round.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad and Preston's dad.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom.

10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? JaMIL's fruitcake. When you have to start off your gift-giving sentence with, "I know everybody hates fruitcake, but..." then just don't go there, m'kay?

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I'm afraid that I'm the worst Christmas card sender ever. But I sure love receiving them, via mail.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation, Donovan's Reef.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around June. But it is shopping without a purpose. I just start keeping my eye out for anything that anyone I need to buy for Christmas for would like. Then around September I get a little more serious. With all that, though, we've still got one present to go this year (for Preston's Dad, go figure).

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I've recycled it into the company "yard sale" for charity.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything sweet.

16. White or colored lights? Colored are my favorite. I know that they are passé, but my family always had colored, and I just can't seem to see past it. With that said, ours are white.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Sleigh ride, Winter wonderland, Carol of the bells, Noel, Silent night...

18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home? I'd prefer to stay home, but now that we live so far from both our families, travel will be the norm. May I just say that it sucks donkey balls to have to be back at work on the 26th.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? *singing* Now Dasher, now Dancer, now Prancer and Vizen; On Comet, on cupid, on Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph!

20. Angel or Star on top of tree? Star.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People.

23. What I love most about Christmas? The memories, the coziness, the feeling of being a kid again.

No comments: