Wednesday, November 28, 2007

2 Layers = HOT

2 long-sleeved layers are perfect for sub-50 degrees, I learned, but if the temperature is even borderline at 50, then I should just go with 1 long-sleeved layer. First winter running with real running clothes means that I'm still learning a lot about how to dress myself!! I also wore gloves and a stocking cap this morning, and while the hat stayed on, the gloves came off around a mile and a half. I hate running around with gloves stuffed in my pockets, but I think I'd hate having freezing hands for the first 15 minutes more... (hoping for some less-bulky running gloves and one of those neat caps with a pony hole for Christmas, Santa)...

This morning I felt kind of heavy, lumbering, slow, creaky, plodding... then I looked down at my watch and was shocked to see that I had run my loop in about 11:15 - pretty quick time for me. But all those adjectives continued to describe how I felt for the rest of the run, even though that went pretty quickly too, pace wise. But, oh, it didn't mentally feel quick!! I must have been off my mental game this morning.

4 miles in 41 minutes for about 4.5 miles in 50 minutes. Going to go lift with Preston tonight.

No comments: