Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up

On Cardiac Stress Tests:

This didn't go too badly. I lasted 14 minutes, with the last 2 minutes running 5mph at 15% grade. My max HR for their purposes was 194, and I topped out at 184 bpm in those last two minutes. I technically probably could have kept going, but I was feeling very annoyed by the fact that they were making me hold on to the treadmill, which was decreasing circulation in my hands, making them very cold. Also, my hospital gown was falling off my shoulders, which was getting on my nerves. My HR started going down pretty quickly - below 120bpm within about 2 minutes, but it hung out over 100 for awhile after that. I think part of that was that the lady was talking to me. When she first hooked me up my ticker was running in the 90's, and I think that is directly to do with my shyness and also with my nervousness regarding the test. I know that my RHR is more than 30 bpm lower than that, so we're cool. Hopefully I'll get some results soon.

On Mothers-in-law:

I cleaned and cleaned preparing for JaMIL's visit this weekend. Her house is a total pig-sty, so I wasn't doing it for her so much as I was trying to remove all available ammunition from her arsenal. I should have known better. Before she even got in the door she asked us if we needed a leaf-blower for Christmas, and before the door even shut behind her, she started telling us about how we needed to wash our windows. Seriously, I couldn't make this up. The hypocrisy is really what gets me. We aren't clean people, so she should be happy that we gave her clean sheets and cleaned the guest bathroom before she showed up. Not to mention the total dump conditions she lives in. Anyways... The rest of the visit went just about along those lines. Thank goodness she is gone now.

On Running:

I didn't make it to the Jingle Bell 5 Mile run yesterday. I really wanted to, but with JaMIL making me miserable and the lack of race-day registration, it just didn't go down the way I wanted.

As a result, this morning I set the alarm a little early in hopes of knocking off at least 50 minutes. Despite the gentle rain shower that I ran through for the last 25 minutes, I ran 4.72 miles in 50 minutes. Left shin was a little tweaky in the first mile, and left knee got a little bitchy in the last mile, but otherwise it was a lovely run.

No comments: