Friday, May 4, 2007

Slog.Fest.

Seriously.

I was thinking maybe I'd get up when Preston left this morning to do Tae Bo, then go back to sleep, then run, then go to the store. Ummm... yeah right. I stayed in bed and didn't get up til 9. Then I go to get ready to run and realize that last night I didn't change the podcast for C25K Week 9. So I go upstairs thinking it'll be quick. Oh no, something is wrong with the week 9 podcast, so I jack around for like 30 minutes re-downloading it and getting it on the ipod. Finally I head out at about 5 to 10. This only really sucks because the earlier I get to the grocery store the more likely I am to find some discounted meat still available. And Preston can really pack away the meat. Anyways, I think that is the only thing that sucks til I walk outside. HUMID. Really freaking humid. Incredibly humid. Soaking wet before sweating humid. Humid.

I don't know if it was the humidity or what, but today I wasn't really feeling it. I felt so totally slow! I felt like my form was crappy. I felt like walking for almost the entire second half. It was just mentally really tough today. But I slogged through just feeling ugh the whole time. Then when I was almost done I realized with the addition of the last 3 minutes my route was going to run a little short. I could just run up and down my street a few times, but I knew that if I went anywhere near my house that I would just quit, so I actually started a 4th loop and then just turned around when it was time to walk a cooldown. Imagine my shock when I got home and measure on gmaps pedometer that I had actually run 3 miles!! That's 10 minute miles, baby!! That's about 1 minute per mile faster than I've been running lately. While I was feeling so crappy... totally weird, but I'll take it.

Now I'm thinking nap.

No comments: