Monday, May 21, 2007

Dos Astros Games and Scales

This weekend I had the *pleasure* of going to 2 Astros vs. Rangers games. Love the Astros. Love the Rangers. Love the Rangers, but am feeling a little disconnect. I hardly ever get to see them play down here (damn blackouts), and even though I keep up with them by reading their website, I seem to be in the process of a full conversion from torn between the two to not-so-torn and falling on the side of the Astros. I still love the Rangers. But it seems that lately I love the Astros more. There. I said it. But Astros v. Rangers are my favorite games of the season because I get to see them both! But couldn't the Astros have bothered to win just *one* of the games I went to? Or both? But at least one?? As opposed to none. *sigh*

So.... last week I was all ready to make an announcement: that I had officially met my wedding goal weight (135). I felt ready to do that because I had hit 134.6 for 3 days running. Usually 3 days at a weight means I weigh that (with ups and downs, of course, but basically I weight that). Did I weigh that?? Hells no. No I didn't. Not even close!! Apparently I really *was* sick the past two weeks. I am now back up to the weight I was at 2 weeks ago exactly: 137.8. Sucky. Not sucky in the grand "I've lost 13 pounds this year and am managing to keep it off" scheme of things, but definitely sucky in the "I thought I had lost 16 pounds this year but was just sick" scheme of things. So I've got another 6 weeks to lose 2.8 pounds. Totally do-able. Just sucks to lose your confidence (which seems to happen with frightening regularity with me).

In good news, I just found out I'm getting to go to a class for work. What that means is that instead of working 10 hours, I get paid for 10 and only work 7. Instead of reporting to work at 6:45, I show up at 8:30. Instead of trying for 2 miles in the morning, I'm going for 3 plus maybe a little bike tacked onto the end. Suh-weeeet!!!

No comments: