Wednesday, May 9, 2007

On Various Things

On Yesterday:

Yesterday on the way home from work, "Preston... I may have scratched the Menace a little today." "How?" "Well, I may have grazed a stop sign a little." "You *hit* a stop sign?? How???" "No... I didn't hit it. I just brushed up against it a little." And that described the whole damn day.

On the Run this Morning:

I get out the door and hit play on the ipod. Wrong song??? Forward. No. Backward. No. Where the hell is my podcast?? I'm going to be late!! I can't run without the podcast!! Maybe I should just go back to sleep. Oh! The P.O.S. is on shuffle! Find a song I know where it is and find the podcast. 3 minutes late starting. Ugh. Don't want to run. Ok. Just finish a mile and you can be through. Through with a mile. Just one more loop. This one is smaller. You'll make 20 minutes if you run it. Then you've put in your quota for the day. Fine. Finish loop 2 and head home. But only need 5 more minutes for 30 minutes total (counting the 5 min walk warm-up). Why is Preston's car still in the driveway?? He's going to be late? Go in house. Ok. He had lost his cell but now he's found it and is leaving. I guess I could go back out for those 5 minutes. I'll try running 2 sets of .1 mile for speed with a .1 mile recovery walk. Ran them in 52 sec. and 48 sec. Walk home and done. No C25K Graduation for me today, but I ran. Will graduate Friday if I'm not full-blown sick by then. My body still just feels totally exhausted.

On the Commute this Morning:

Umm. Where are my keys? Oh shit, Preston took them last night. I bet they are with him. Yay!! I'll have to call in sick. Call Preston 1st. Where are the keys? "Oh, they must be in my shorts. In the big room. I took them off in a fit of hot last night." Ugh. Back to work. WTF?? This little P.O.S. turquoise Prism just cut me off bad!! Asshole. As long as he keeps up with the guy in front of him I won't have to kill him though. Hey, wait a sec! He isn't keeping up with the F150 in front of him!! He's going only 70 in the fast lane. Asshole!! Passed him at the first opportunity. Blew by him going 85. Asshole. Ah, damn, we've gotten to the morning ritual slowdown. You know, the part where it slows doen inexplicibly but the 2nd to left lane keeps going faster for longer? Hey!! That little fucker just blew by me!! Well, I'm just going to ride up on Mr. F150's ass so that he can't cut me off again when his lane slows down. Riding ass, riding ass. Heh. His lane is slowing down. Neener, not enough room to cut me off... Hey!!! Little fucker actually cut me off. Laying on horn. Flashing brights. Seriously pissed. See opportunity to pass him. Get over. Speed up. *He follows me.* Ok, slow down to piss him off. Get back behind Mr. F150. Take that, asshole.

Seriously.

No comments: