Wednesday, May 30, 2007

One Hour Runner Day 1

So... I've felt a little bit without direction since I finished C25K. I kept running and ran my first 5K, but the old creeping desire to stay in bed was becoming stronger and stronger, so I felt like I needed a new program. I decided on One Hour Runner to continue to build my strength and endurance running. It is also convenient to my schedule because it is still only 3 days per week, and the first day is always only a 30 minute run, so I can do that one every Wednesday and not have to get up any earlier than I have been (4:45) to still make it to work on time.

Today was my first day. It really wasn't any different, though, than the last week of C25K, and the next 3 weeks will be more of the same, but I can see the need to let the strength in my legs catch up to my cardiovascular endurance.

My quads, btw, are still ticked off about the hills at the Astros Race for the Pennant. *sigh*

Anyways, 2.8 miles in 30 minutes at 10:71 min/mi. Ran the last bit quite a bit faster, though. Nothing like a t minus 5 minutes ago warning from my stomach to make me haul ass home.

Thinking about signing up for the Dad's Day 5K on June 16th to see if I can do better on a flatter course. And 'cause my 'rents will be in town and maybe they'd enjoy walking it and taking the free family picture offered!

No comments: