Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lack of Confidence?

This morning I did run my 2 miles. I did NOT want to. Not even one little bit. I fell asleep last night really wanting to. Maybe even wanting to stretch it to 3 miles. But this morning I wanted to dive back into bed and stay there. Bleck.

But I did run my 2 miles. They went alright. Started a little icky. Picked up a little. After about 10 minutes I briefly felt like maybe I could go for 3 miles, but quickly changed my mind back to 2 miles. Afterward I felt like I really could have gone another mile. But then I would have been crunched for time, so all is well.

Tired today. Would like to easy bike tonight, but will skip it if necessary...

What I don't understand is that 2 miles is really no big deal now, but I still feel so uncertain about 3 miles. It is just weird. Maybe it is because 3 miles is the farthest I've gone? Maybe it is the distance? Maybe I am just screwed up in my head? 3 miles just seems so far, such a struggle, even though I've done it 4 or 5 times now and I know I can do it. It is like every time I start to run 3 miles, I'm not sure if I can. Like maybe I lost the ability between last time and this time. What is up with that?

No comments: