Sunday, May 6, 2007

Big Week and Brick

This morning I did a bike run brick. I realized yesterday that if I added 15 minutes of biking and a yoga today that I'd hit 9 full hours of exercise for the week. So I biked for 15 and then immediately went on a run this morning. And get this: I saw a tri-bike this morning on my run. Yay! There are real athletes in this neighborhood. Sweet. The run was still a bit of a struggle, but better than Friday. I did better with my route too, so I'll feel more confident about Weds morning.

I'm exhausted. I exercised for 2 hours and 20 minutes yesterday. Tae Bo, Bike, and Yoga. So another hour and 20 today. I wasn't wanting to do a recovery week for one more week, but I'm not sure how hard I can push it next week. Maybe aim at 7 hours? Then recover the following week as a "taper" for the 5K. Even though I know you don't really have to taper for 5Ks, but if a recovery week happens to coincide, what am I to say?

No comments: