Thursday, January 3, 2008

Wussed out, or Smarted out?

This morning the alarm went off at 4:15 for my run. The heater was running. I got up and went into the bathroom, where my running stuff was all laid out and looked at the outside temp. 32 degrees. And the thermometer is mounted on the house, which means it always reads a little warmer than the air.

I stood there shivering and staring at the clock.

I felt torn.

I felt cold.

I went back to bed and snuggled my Preston.

When I got to work the desktop temp alert said 27 degrees, and this is farther into the concrete jungle (and therefore warmer) than home.

Just now I checked the weather and it said 37 degrees, with a wind chill of 32.

I may have wussed out, but I'm glad of it! I did Tae Bo instead (after sleeping another half hour), and I'll do a short run over to the gym for my biking and lifting tonight, then a couple of runs this weekend, when it is light out, and therefore more reasonable in the temperature department.

No comments: