Monday, January 7, 2008

2 3 Mile Days

Yesterday I went out for a quick run. I wanted to get at least 1.5 miles to round out 10 for the week (don't want to end the first week of the year behind on goal mileage!!). I had drunk 16 oz. of water about 2 hours before leaving. I thought that was sufficient time to "process" the water before running, but I was so very wrong. I was walking my warm-up and I thought I might need to make a pit stop, but I was just going for half an hour or so, so I didn't stop. Big Mistake. I started running and I needed to pee. I was looking at every feature I passed wondering if I could take cover behind it and pee. In broad daylight. I realized that this wasn't going to work, and turned for home at just over half a mile. And proceeded to haul ass. (I really annoy me when I pull this shit.) I booked it into the house and into the bathroom. Preston came running down to see what was wrong, and then spent some quality time laughing at me. And then I headed back out to total up 3 miles. Other than the bathroom fiasco, nice little run. Oh, and hot!! 75 degrees.

Mile 1: 9:35 (this was with the first quarter mile being around 11 min/mi, so you can see how fast I was running home!)
Mile 2: 9:45
Mile 3: 9:40

Then this morning I headed out for another short 3 miler. I'm seriously considering running in the EP5K on Sunday, so I'll keep my runs short this week. It is freaking hot outside - 70 degrees at 5am!! I must say that my body is a little confused by the 40 degree 2 shirted run followed immediately by the 75 degree sleeveless shirt/shorts run. But anyways, I guess it better get used to being confused, 'cause we are in Texas, after all, y'all. I was a little slower this morning, but ok with it.

Mile 1: 10:25
Mile 2: 10:03
Mile 3: 10:17

I did have a creepy thing go down. I was running along and I noticed a white pick-up idling in a driveway. It turned into a regular traffic jam with another runner with their dog going by the other direction and a person taking out their trash (all before 5am!). But that pick-up idled until I ran past it (this took a while - longer than I could find a good reason for a truck to be idling on such a hot morning), and then it pulled out. I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but I was totally creeped out, and very vigilant for the rest of my run.

No comments: