Monday, January 14, 2008

Name that Critter

Went for another run this morning - I didn't really think about it ahead of time, but almost exactly 12 hours after my last run. It was pretty cold this morning, but other than that, rather uneventful.

Mile 1: 10:01
Mile 2: 9:44
Mile 3: 9:38
.63: 6:03 (9:33 pace)

I was playing an interesting game of "ID that 4-legged Critter" this morning. I've seen your standard dogs and cats around the neighborhood, as well as raccoons and opossums, and I'm always wondering when I see a critter up the road what variety it really is. This morning was a true mystery. I saw this dark quadriped waaaaaaay down the street running towards me. It was weaving from one side to the other, and moving fast.... I almost thought it was a rabbit. Then as it got closer, I changed my mind to cat, because of the shape of the ears. (I don't have the greatest vision, even with corrective lenses, so it takes me a long time to get definition on a critter.) Then it saw me coming and turned around and hauled ass back the way it came. I never saw it again. Its motion as it retreated was again rabbit-esque... wish I had a second opinion!!

No comments: