Wednesday, January 9, 2008

4 Mile Morning

Uneventful run, except that it was over 20 degrees colder than my last run!

I'll plug in the splits when I get home tonight, but I think I was running right about 10 minute miles after the first slow warm-up mile.... 4 miles in just over 40 minutes.

Oh, and I did pay attention to this. My hands got warm .94 miles into the run. That is exactly when my pace dipped below 10 min/mi for the first time in the run. Interesting.

And omg, I was having the weirdest dream when I woke up!! It was a combination, I think, of JaMIL, this woman from my in-laws' New Year's party (who reminds everyone of JaMIL), and the Golden Compass. I was running around this plush room locking millions of windows trying to keep her out, and she just walked in through the door. And then forced me to sit next to her, close enough that she was touching me (I have a large sense of personal space, apparently both waking and dreaming.) and I was filled with hatred and revulsion. Interesting. The dream was so strong that it was really all I could think about after I woke up until about .5 mile into the run. It was almost like it was still with me - wispy in my mind overlaying reality. A bit disturbing, really.

Splits:
Mile 1: 10:32
Mile 2: 9:54
Mile 3: 9:59
Mile 4: 9:40

No comments: