Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 Goals

New Year's resolutions? Bah humbug. I have goals!!



Firsts

1. Complete my first 10K race.
2. Complete my first Half Marathon.
3. Complete my first Sprint Triathlon.


Numbers

1. Lose those last 5 pounds. (But only healthily - if my body wishes to keep those 5 pounds, then the resolution becomes maintaining my weight.)
2. Run at least 520 miles.
3. Bike at least 520 miles. (I know this is conservative, but for my first biking year ever, I think that is ok.)
4. I can't create a target swimming distance because I do not yet know what my situation will be throughout the year: will I only have the pool for the 3 summer months, or will I be joining a facility where I have swimming access year round? In a perfect world, keeping with the 52 weeks per year theme above, I'd like to target 52 swimming miles this year, or 1 mile per week. That will only happen if I get access to a pool year-round, but that is a distinct possibility, so I'll throw it out there with the understanding that modification is perfectly acceptable.

No comments: