Saturday, January 12, 2008

Opposite Way on Allen Parkway

Ran on Allen Parkway with Billy yesterday, but instead of heading towards the Bat Bridge as in the past, we went back towards downtown.

The splits:
Mile 1: 9:20
Mile 2: 10:31
Mile 3: 10:07

I have an explanation for this. Not an excuse. Just an explanation.

So we start running. I've really really been looking forward to running with the Garmin and Billy because I really suspected that I ran a lot faster when I was with him, and that's why I always kept having to take walk breaks.

I was sooooo right. That mile two includes a climb up at least 5 flights of stairs at UHD. After that, who can blame me for slowing down????

With that said, it was way fun. Running with Billy is so much more random and fun than running alone. He sees something cool. He runs towards it, dragging me along. I say runs, it is more like a loping trot, since I'm so slow...

Hey Billy - I'm scared you'll take me up on this, but... I'm starting to think that maybe we should try to go a little longer next time... 4 or 5 miles, maybe??

No comments: