Friday, June 22, 2007

What's on Tap

I've been a little negligent lately about recording all the details of various workouts in my blog because I've been doing 2-fers all week:
Monday: Tae Bo/Bike
Tuesday: Tae Bo/Swim
Wednesday: Tae Bo/Bike
Thurday: Tae Bo/Swim
Friday: Run/Strength train

So, to catch up: both of my bikes this week pleased me. I rode the stationary and got 7.5 mi in 30 min. and 8.5 mi. in 40 min. respectively.

The swim last night went well. I could already see some improvement. I tried to spend less time on the wall, and use the breast stroke for recovery in between bouts of freestyle. I lost count of my sets, unfortunately, so I tacked an extra set on to make sure I got at least 24 laps. But I really think I got 28 laps in the 30ish minutes. Go me. I may have spoken too soon about the great people staying out of the lap lane, however.

This morning I ran just under 3 miles in 30 minutes. Again, go me for getting up this morning and hitting the road before 6am to minimize the crippling heat/humidity effects. Strength training on tap for some time this afternoon (gotta get my $20/month worth). Yoga/off day tomorrow. I'm thinking about trying to talk Preston into taking me to the beach tomorrow. If he doesn't get overtime. Then running again on Sunday, possibly also with swimming?

But for now, once I finish my breakfast (Kashi Vanilla Oatmeal), it is back to bed! Onward!

No comments: