Friday, June 8, 2007

Bad Running Pictures

I didn't mention it at the time, but last week the pictures from the Astros 5K were posted online.

I take *horrible* running pictures. Awful. Ugly.

I mean, I knew I would be beet red in the face. My red hair necessitates that any physical activity results in me looking like my head is literally going to explode. What I didn't know was how *flabby* I was going to look. I'm actually getting pretty happy with my weight, and I guess I thought that my pictures were going to start reflecting that... and I was doing physical activity for goodness sake!! Couldn't my legs have *flexed* their muscles or something?? And in every picture I look like I feel miserable. I do feel rather miserable during my runs, but I did actually close my mouth and try not to look miserable for one photographer. I did manage to close my mouth, but the misery remained.

I bring this up now because it is really hot outside. I've been running in a rather complicated ensemble, at least on the top end of me: supportive bra covered by an exercise tank with a built-in shelf bra covered by a t-shirt. I cover the tank with the T because the bra straps on the bottom layer are way thicker than the tank straps, which is tacky. The problem is that the 4 layers of fabric over my boobs and 2 layers everywhere else is starting to feel a little unreasonable as I begin running in 90 degree heat. I'd like to lose the T. Another option is to find a really good sports bra and keep the T. Both options would result in less layers, but for now, losing the T is the cheaper way to go, and thus preferred. The problem is that now I'm feeling very self-conscious of the way I look when I run.

3.5 miles in 40 minutes this morning, 30 of the minutes running for 2.8 miles sandwiched between walking warmup and cooldown. Still a little slower than I'd like, but way better than last Friday!

No comments: