Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Impromptu Brick

Last night's swim went well. 30 laps in 30 min. Knocked 4 seconds off my best single lap time (to approx. 32 sec.). I'm starting to really think that this pool is 25 yards, based on the swim team stuff posted on the bulletin board. Either way, I was able to string together more laps without stopping. I was trying to focus on form, because last time Preston noticed that I was lifting my head to look at the wall instead of looking down at the lane line. You know what? He was right. And I am waaaay faster with my head down. I could *feel* the difference. Even though I struggled not to break concentration and revert to a bad habit.

For this morning? A three mile run was on schedule. I went out fully intending to make that happen. What stopped me? That's right! At about mile 1 the Pooper Express rolled into town. I had to haul ass (literally) to make it home in time. The result? 1.6 miles in 17ish minutes. And one pound lost. After that fiasco, I only had 10 minutes left in my workout time allotment, so I decided to bike it out on the stationary: 2.5 miles in 10 minutes.

And I have only one more thing to say: this morning I put on a pair of size 8 slacks and they were literally *too big* to wear to work. Hells yeah!!!

No comments: