Thursday, June 7, 2007

Perfect Week

The local pool has opened. We haven't joined the club yet, but the price is very reasonable ($15/month/family), so it is only a matter of time and initiative before it happens.

So with the possibility of swimming as a workout looming on the horizon, as I was slipping off to sleep last night I was dreaming about what the perfect week's workout schedule would be. I actually think it would be a two week rotation looking something like (a / between indicates before slash=morning, after slash=evening):

M: Tae Bo/Bike
T: Tae Bo/Swim
W: Run/Bike
R: Yoga/Swim
F: Bike-Run brick
S: Swim and Strength train
S: Run/Yoga
M: Tae Bo/Bike
T: Run/Swim
W: Tae Bo/Bike
R: Run/Swim
F: Bike
S: Run
S: Swim

I can forsee someday Tae Bo being lessened in favor of additional strengthening or stretching. I can also see those F/S/S workouts in the 2nd week going in combo with yoga or strength at my current distances, or turning into long distances/times if I get more serious.

No comments: