Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Weight, My Body, My Choice

I am 5'5", female, current weight 136, starting weight 150, wedding goal weight 135, ultimate awesome goal weight 125. With that knowledge, proceed with the story.

I'm sitting in the break room for lunch. Lunch at work is a very calorie controlled thing for me. This has been an integral part of my weight-loss strategy because I have a bit less control at home. Breakfast=300cal, Snack 1=60 cal, Snack 2=100 cal, Lunch=420 cal, Snack 3=100 cal. Anyways, someone offered me some cornbread and butter. I demurred, noting that I still have a pound to lose before my wedding. Prompting someone to ask how much I had lost and how much I had to go. To which my answer was 14 down, 1 to go pre-wedding, 10 more after that.

The response?

"That's too much. You'll be too thin."

First of all, no I won't. Second of all, BMI agrees with me. It even says I can go as low as 115. I have chosen not to. I believe I would look too thin at 115. That is my opinion, and since this my body, that is my choice. Third of all, did I ask for opinions?? NOoooooo.

I know that BMI isn't the be-all, end-all of ideal weights. But in this case, with me, I think it is perfectly reasonable to weigh 125 at my height, and I'm gonna use it to back me up.

Now, I won't do anything unhealthy to get to 125. If I can't get there, fine. No problem. I just want to be healthy and most importantly, fit.

Rant, out!

No comments: