Thursday, March 31, 2011

Goals

March Goal Review (strap yourselves in, this ain't gonna be pretty):

1.  Get calorie counts on recipes and start tracking calories again.  Fail.

2.  Core 3x per week. Fail.

3.  Do our taxes. Started and almost completely finished.

Informally: complete the Warrior Dash and have fun, keep going with P90X and running and "lots" of workouts, keep tracking water intake and try to hit daily goals (100 oz/day) there.  Check, check, and check.  (Looks like informal goals are a little more successful for me right now!!)



April Goals:


1.  Get calorie counts on recipes and start tracking calories again. (Seriously. I need to get it together here.  I can do this.  I have no excuse.)

2.  Run at least 2x per week.

3.  Core at least 2x per week.

4.  Finish taxes and submit on time.

5.  Get Preston to finish the upstairs floor.  (Or call a handyman.)

Informal goals: complete Bellaire Trolley run with a post-pregnancy PR, keep going with the "lots" of workouts of any ilk (especially during out-of-town times), keep tracking water intake and try to hit daily goals, go spend Easter with my family.

Weight on 2/28 was 140.8.  Weight this morning: 139.2.  Official weight loss this month 1.6 lbs.  Not quite as much as I would hope for, but honestly, not surprising either.  It is no excuse, but the pounds are getting harder to lose as I dip under 10 pounds to goal weight.  I'm working out hard when I work out, but I've been slacking on the weekends.  And between the workouts and the breastfeeding, I'm constantly hungry, and by not counting calories for the past 2 months I've been trying to cut myself some slack.  However, with slack comes less weight loss.  I don't want to jeopardize the breastfeeding, which I believe at this point is my limiter, so 1-2 lbs a month might be the best I can do until we quit.  Which hopefully isn't for at least 6 more months.  The good news is last weekend I managed to go the whole weekend without going over 140.  That is a BIG deal for me right now.  And hopefully marks the permanent transition out of the 140's.  Which is also a big deal for me.

No comments: