Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Starting Solids

I think this weekend is going to be *the* weekend.  The weekend in which the Z takes her first bite of something other than a teether.  The first weekend of the rest of her gastronomical life.  Which she will begin with either rice cereal or oatmeal, nom nom! (Ha! - and no, I haven't decided which yet.  This once-weekly pooping pattern is making me think probably oatmeal, since it has more fiber... we'll see!)

Zoë currently "eats" about 7 times per day.  In my geekiness, I use Pipin's (from LOTR) meal names, so: Breakfast, 2nd Breakfast, Elevensies, Luncheon, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, and Supper.  At the moment, Elevensies and Dinner have both been feedings that she doesn't eat very much at, and so I'm thinking they are the perfect candidates to look at for solids.

Plus, Mommy has a long weekend coming up this weekend, so we have 4 days to practice before hitting Gramma with the new mealtime joy/mess.

No comments: