Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No Race Report Yet

They're killing me with not getting the photos up!  Of course, you know that because I'm waiting and hoping for a good photo that I'll be making a goofy face in all of them!

This morning I tried Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, workout 1.  It is about 30 minutes long, rough if you really do the whole thing and don't take breaks (like she yells at you not to), but in the end I didn't feel like it was good enough.  Not enough abs, not enough cardio.  It would have been great, wonderful, stellar even, during those first 3 months postpartum when I had very little time and I needed something I could do while Z napped, or in fits and starts.  And it might be nice for a quick weekender or off-day workout.  But it can't come to the regular party.  Not now.  Not when I'm really starting to want to see results.  I suppose another option would be to piggyback multiple workouts from that disc (there are 3) together for a harder time...

After that I also tried P90X Stretch.  I'm all tight and sore from the Warrior Dash, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to see what it is all about.  I only had time for the first 30 minutes (of 60), so I'm doing an incomplete review.  It is another that I like, but that won't make it into my weekly repertoire.  It can slot in instead of a Yoga as an off-day or weekender.  Or as a recovery like this morning.  But it is what it sounds like: a bunch of stretches.  I love to stretch.  Stretching feels good.  But if I've only got an hour a day, I need more.  It isn't like the P90X Yoga that can count as a hard core workout in and of itself.  The Yoga is definitely harder than the Stretch.  But it was nice.

You know, writing this post I'm having flashbacks to my mom when I was a kid.  She had all the Jane Fonda workouts.  I always danced around with her... then as I got older I started to think workout videos were lame, for old flabby people who couldn't do anything... look at me: the old flabby mom working out in her bedroom first thing every morning!!  But I'm not doing these videos because they are easy, and I'm not playing at exercise.  This is just the simplest way for me to get in a workout right now without worrying about childcare or my running clothes that still barely fit or anything else.  But I've gotta say: I can't wait until the Z is 6 months old so I can take her for a run in the BOB!  I'm ready to ditch these videos and become a runner again!

No comments: