Monday, October 1, 2007

Hellish Long Run Done Yesterday!!

Funny to put exclamation points after something I'm calling "hellish", but there it is.

I did my long run yesterday. 38 minutes, as per the OHRW5D3 redo plan. And it SUCKED. I mean really sucked. I went at 4:30 in the afternoon. It was about 88 degrees with a heat index in the low nineties. Humidity approximately 70%. Shade zero. Nasty nasty nasty hot for a run. Especially when I've been running in the mornings about 20ish degrees cooler than that of late. And let me tell you, I felt every extra degree for every minute I was out there.

I knew it was going to be a long haul when I looked at my watch for the first time after 5 minutes. At 10 minutes I had to convince myself to go til 15. At 15 til 20. At 20 til 25. At 25 til 30. At 30 til 32. At 32 til 33. At 33 til 38. That's how hard this run sucked.

I ran 3.3 miles in 38 minutes. That's the same distance I ran in 33 minutes just 3 days ago. That's how hard this run sucked.

So what's the cause of the exclamation points? I ran. Damnit, I got out there and did it. And I wanted to quit very badly, but I didn't. I gutted it out. I finally had a 3 run week again. I'm finally on track again. And no matter how hard the experience itself sucked, I did it and that can't be taken away from me.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow morning doesn't suck!!

No comments: