Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Rest or Bum?

My uncharacteristic weekday quietness is due to a lack of exercise.

That's right. Yesterday morning when the alarm went off, I got out of bed, did by bathroom business, weighed myself, and decided that another hour of sleep was totally worth not running.

This morning when the alarm went off, I didn't even pretend to be interested in getting up to see how tired I was. I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

I don't want this to be a trend. I'm actually frightened by how easy it was this morning. I think it is due to the meds that I'm still on for Bell's Palsy, but I am just soooooooo exhausted. It doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get, I could always do with more right now. It actually feels a bit like when I had mono in college.

So I'm trying not to freak out. Maybe it is the meds. Maybe it is the palsy. One way or the other, if my body wants more sleep, I'm going to try to oblige. At least occcasionally.

But damnit if that run isn't re-scheduled for tomorrow morning, and damnit if I'm going to sleep in 3 days in a row. I *will* run tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll just skip OHRW6D1 and move to W6D2 as if nothing ever got skipped. Then I'd even be on track....

I will run tomorrow morning. I will run tomorrow morning. I will run tomorrow morning.

No comments: