Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Winter Wonderrun

Well, folks, I had my first winter run here in H-town. For clarification, winter is anything below 55 degrees. Fall/spring is 55-70 degrees, and Summer is 70+. I've been doing a little fall running with my summer running in the past 3 weeks or so, but now it is time to mix in some winter running! (Even though I know very well that I'll probably be back to summer running by next week.)

And let me tell you, my hot Texan blood was freaking freezing during my walking warm-up. I couldn't wait to start running! Then, unfortunately, I was running into the wind to start, and my teeth were actually chattering. I'm such a reptile. Once I finally turned the corner, however, and got that wind out of my face, I started to heat up, and after that the run was actually really pleasant.

I wore some capri running pants that I got on sale at the Nike outlet in Conroe for $9. They are not flattering, but for $9 at 4am, no problem! I also wore the Nike slacker jacket I got at the same time for about half price, which I loooooove. I might need to get another one of these - one for running and one for not running. I just saw on their website that they have one in green... Anyways, definitely need to invest in additional cool weather gear, because with my sweat rate I'm going to be doing laundry every other day otherwise.

That's all I've got for now. 3.5 miles in 37 minutes. With walking for 4 miles in 45 minutes total.

No comments: