Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Rice Owls 5K Tomorrow

What do I want from this 5K?

I actually considered not doing it. Pretty seriously considered not doing it. For a few reasons: this nagging splinty pain in my left shin, the fact that it is going to be a pretty close squeeze getting there after work, and just general ambivalence.

I told Preston, and the only solution was to sign up or shut up, so I signed up last night. He is going to be the bestest husband ever and pick up the packet today on his way home from work, so I don't have to worry about getting over there quite as fast.

So, what do I want from this 5K?

This is a C race for me. I want to run well. I don't *need* a PR, nor do I feel strongly that I have one in my legs right now. I really really don't want to piss off my shins any more. So, I want a nice quick injury-free enjoyable time. With injury-free being the most important adjective, and quick being the least.

I've PRed every race I've entered since I started running again. It had to end sometime, and I want it to end with me being smart. So let's do it!

No comments: