Friday, July 20, 2007

Quarterlife Crisis??

All this Harry Potter reading I've been doing in preparation for the release of HP7 tonight has got me thinking...

Does everyone reach a point in their life where they start wondering what happened to those people that they went to high school with?? Or is it just me?

I can't believe I've been out of high school for 8 years now. I reckon I was fairly typical: a fairly tight group of friends during those years. Where I was atypical was the fact that they were almost all boys.

I think what was also typical was the inevitable (as I see it) parting of ways that slowly eroded contact between that group of friends post-high school to the point that now I only have contact remaining with 2 of them 8 years out.

You know, 'cause if you think about it, it is obvious why HP is ending with the end of high school, isn't it? Harry, Ron, and Hermione, if they live, will all become adults and get jobs and stuff and they will slowly grow apart, just as we all do.

Is that just the way it is? Is it sad? Are you curious about the people you knew in HS? Do you harbor any feelings, good or ill, about any of them? Is that why people go to reunions? Is that why reunions start at about 10 years, because that is when people start really wondering?

Ah, Preston's home, gotta run.

No run this morning because of rain. Rain, rain, please go away!!

No comments: